We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Our Crop Nutrition business unit develops sustainable crop nutrition solutions which support farmers’ profitability through knowledge, quality and productivity. This is made possible by research and development activities which deepen crop knowledge while providing for improved fertilizer products, tools and services to optimize nutrient and water management.
We are seeking a Communications Consultant for our Crop Nutrition Research Center in Hanninghof, Germany. This position will play a key role in communicating Yara’s R&D activities to both internal and external stakeholders.The position is based in Dülmen and will be limited to 2 years.
- Work systematically to ensure that the company has positive perception among important stakeholders, such as the internal stakeholders, as well as customers, government agencies, business partners, investors and the media.
- Prepare presentations, speeches, communication materials.
- Produce videos and written articles for R&D events and workshops.
- Update and maintain Crop Nutrition R&D Intranet and Internet pages.
- Manage monthly internal communication on new R&D findings. Advise research staff on appropriate style to maximize audience/impact.
- Provide direction on the optimal way for R&D to document research progress (foto, film etc.).
- Present research activities, results and knowledge.
- Identify relevant internal/external spokespersons for particular areas of expertise. Provide training and seek media opportunities for these individuals.
- Support and liaise with the global Communications and Brand team on internal and external communications activities.
- Excellent communication skills e.g. journalistic background with several years of working experience
- Scientific understanding: A fast learner who is able to translate scientific research into relevant and engaging messages/stories.
- Experience within web, intranet and social media.
- Solution oriented: An organized professional with a strong sense of urgency.
- Good listener with an open-mind and cooperative working attitude.
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
The position is temporary for two years, with the opportunity to become permanent. The hired candidate will report to the Head of Crop Nutrition R&D and will directly contribute to increasing the visibility of Yara, as a knowledge driven company and to professionalize the use of different communication channels and media to share the knowledge.