We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Basic Engineering & Project Management Department (BEPM) is organised as one of seven process departments at Yara Technology Centre in Porsgrunn (YTC). The Technology Centre is part of Yara International ASA and serves Yara world-wide.
The department has the responsibility for supplying process engineering and project management resources to the other departments at YTC.
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational team of dynamic and skilled people in a growth environment.
The summer student project will develop in-house calculation tools for equipment and pipe sizing. The project also includes further development of existing tools and templates to make them more user.friendly. The project will include:
- Development of equipment and pipe sizing tools
- Development of different lists to be included in process packages
- Improvement of profitability estimation tools
- Write a report with the results and present the calculations and tools at the end of the project
- Work with additional projects if time allows
- The student should have completed three years of studies at university level in Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Chemical engineering background with process design in his/her studies
- Good experience from working with Microsoft Excel is a demand
- Knowledge of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Heat & Mass balances (H&M) and general process design will be an advantage
- Team player
- Prepared to work independently
- Fluent in English
Starting period from the middle of June for a duration of 8 weeks.
The Summer Internship will be based in Porsgrunn, Norway.