We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with close to 13,000 employees and sales to about 160 countries.
This Perth based position is an integral member of the Finance team, specifically focused on asset accounting and tax compliance, while being involved in, and providing broad support for accounting, audit and financial reporting functions for the Yara Pilbara entities.
- Maintaining fixed asset registers and capitalisation of assets under construction
- Preparation of tax effect accounting calculations and work papers
- Compliance with tax matters including income tax, GST, FBT and payroll taxes
- Month end closing, reporting and analysis, and financial reporting
- Annual external audit and preparation of statutory accounts
- Compliance with accounting policies and internal controls
- Maintaining and improving systems and processes
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Ad hoc duties & projects as required
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance
- CPA/CA Qualified
- Minimum 5+ years previous experience in a similar role within a high volume, multi-currency group
- Previous experience in SAP and HFM platforms is essential
- Broad exposure and experience in tax compliance
- Self-starter, proactive, strong work ethic
- Attention to detail, high level of commitment
Candidates must have unrestricted work rights in Western Australia to be eligible for this position.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.