We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with close to 13,000 employees and sales to about 160 countries.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Maintenance Manager for a residential position based in Karratha, Western Australia. The Maintenance Manager will assume full responsibility for the maintenance of assets in the ammonia, nitric acid and ammonium nitrate plants and associated offsite/utilities. Together with the Management team the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for reaching the safety, reliability (volume and energy) and financial targets. They will drive the maintenance organisation in performance based management and competence development, ensuring a fully operational and skilled team, prepared for routine operations, emergencies, start-ups, shutdowns and projects.
As part of the Site Management Team, the Maintenance Manager will report to the Plant Manager. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate in Site Leadership team discussions on any policy and operational matters, as well related to health, environment, safety and quality (HESQ).
- Lead and develop the maintenance department, consisting of; Technicians, Maintenance Coordinators, Planners, Apprentices and Engineers.
- Achieve maintenance and financial objectives in compliance with Yara safety and quality standards.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution, follow-up and implementation of all maintenance activities regarding responsible trades/disciplines and assigned project activities and turnarounds/stops in line with project handbook and stop best practices.
- Manage all maintenance activities in line with the company goals, resulting in maximal contribution to the realisation of safe and efficient production.
- Closely work together with the Turnaround and Projects team and contribute to both projects and turnarounds.
- Be responsible together with procurement, for maintenance related contracts in line with the procurement directive.
- Manage the maintenance budget.
- Facilitate a continuous improvement atmosphere.
- Review and develop maintenance processes and lead change processes.
- Be part of the on call team as site responsible on behalf of the management team.
- Degree qualification in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years within a position in the chemical/petrochemical industry, preferably in an Ammonia or Methanol Plant or Fertilizer/Technical Ammonia Nitrate production environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior leadership position.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and passion for talent development, while at the same time being hands-on and able to proactively deal with issues.
- Experience in providing sound advice to senior management and coaching them in the changing standards required, including ISO.
- Experience with introducing major improvement initiatives which have been successful with good change management and successful implementation.
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.