We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of fertilizers and plant nutrition solutions. Our mission is to feed the world a responsible and sustainable way.
The Yara Digital Factory with locations in Europe, Brazil, Singapore, and North America builds and designs digital solutions to help farmers globally use our products more efficiently and to improve the ecological footprint by creating business models that make our products more accessible.
We build solutions for farmers, construct hardware and sensors, crunch satellite data, apply artificial intelligence, and turn research results into solutions. Our teams is made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners.
As a Mobile Developer, you will be helping with rapid prototyping and building the products and platforms, working within our product teams to create engaging, user-centric services that solve the needs of the 21st century farmer around the world.
- Work within a product team with a product manager, designers, and other developers to create solutions and apps focused on our customers’ needs
- Participate in the full life cycle of a product, from early stage rapid prototyping through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch
- Develop mobile applications for Android and iOS
- You like to actively participate in an agile setup to develop software in a team and you value pragmatic approaches, discussions, and knowledge sharing
- You have 5 years or more expertise in native mobile development for Android and iOS
- You have basic experience in react native
- You have more than one year of experience in working in a startup environment on site as team member
- You have 3 years of more experience with modern, large scale software projects: source code control with git, APIs, cloud platforms, test driven development, continuous integration, documentation, app stores
- You have a broad understanding of modern mobile concepts such user centric design, push notifications, syncing for offline usage, camera functions, bluetooth, and location
Our tech stack:
- Tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Docker
- Principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency
What we offer:
- Direct impact on products that provides real value to farmers based on an honest business model
- The opportunity to work on sustainable solutions that benefit mankind and the environment
- An unlimited working contract and a very competitive remuneration
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks
- Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas
- Participation in in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.