We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Supply Chain Operations unit is a unit merging the key operational units of the Supply Chain segment under one management. The until will comprise of Supply Chain Governance and Process Optimization, Global Planning and Optimization, Supply Chain Europe, Yara Maritime and Logistics and Operations in Geneva. This will create a Supply Chain hub in Yara responsible for efficient execution of Yara’s product flows throughout the world, focusing on optimization, execution and continuous improvement.
The Supply Chain Operations belongs to the Supply Chain Segment and has about 350 employees located in 17 countries.
Yara Maritime Logistics (YML), with a chartering department located in Oslo, is looking for a Vessel Operator to join their team handling Yara's dry and liquid cargo activities. Currently the team counts 12 people operating in a hectic and international environment, handling more than 2000 shipments per year from our own production plants as well as from external suppliers to ports all around the world.
- Close coordination and collaboration with Yara's production plants, commercial units and market segments, as well as with ship owners, brokers and agents in order to optimize the operational activities
- Contributing to and implementing of Yara's (maritime) logistics strategies
- Handling of all operational / post fixture matters for the respective vessels
- Follow up of cargo claims
- Check and approve laytime calculations
- Provide timely and detailed instructions to agents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in short or deep sea
- Previous experience working with ship owners/operators is an advantage
- Knowledge of international maritime regulations is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, organized and stress resilient team player with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Good command of English, any additional languages are an asset
- Flexible and willing to travel
This is a temporary assignment with a planned duration of 6 months.