We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Insurance Department (YID) is the central unit for insurance in Yara and is part of the Finance area. The department which is based in Oslo has a global mandate for insurance and delivers insurance solutions and provides advisory to Yara subsidiaries worldwide.
As a large industrial company the department has the responsibility for multiple insurance lines. These are placed either as separate policies or as global insurance programs with local insurance policies. Yara has a captive insurance company it uses as an insurance risk management tool. YID uses brokers to execute the insurance strategy.
The work load in the insurance area has gradually increased over the last years due to Yara’s expansion and increased global reach of the department. This has led to the need for more capacity in YID to support the operation and assure a high service level.
Working in the insurance department means you will work on supporting Yara’s business worldwide. The Insurance Specialist will be part of an expert team and work with own dedicated tasks and with the other team members as may be required. The position has a broad exposure towards internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for a motivated and pro-active person who identifies with Yara’s values. The candidate should have 5 years+ of work experience from either non-life insurance, controlling or corporate risk management work. The candidate should have a wish to pursue a career in insurance.
- Establish and administrate insurances and insurance programs including claims according to company processes.
- Gather relevant information for insurance and insurance program for purchase, placement and administration.
- Follow up on inquiries from insurance companies, brokers and as well internal stakeholders such as other expert functions, subsidiaries and projects.
- Follow up on policy documentation and invoicing.
- Facilitate the process to ensure insurance risks are mapped and assessed
- Education: relevant degree in business, law or engineering.
- Candidates with prior experience in non-life insurance, controlling or from corporate risk management.
- Solution oriented with a continuous focus on improvements.
- Highly organized and structured with an eye for details.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates with insurance experience is preferred.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
Position reports to Head of Insurance.
Flexibility to travel is a requisite