We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara, a Norwegian-based chemical company that delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Yara Philippines was established in September 1986 and since then our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs helped produce the food required for the growing Philippine population. Yara has a long history in the Asian market, and its focus is to develop the Yara Crop Nutrition concepts to increase food production, create value to the growers and minimize the environmental impact of agriculture.
Currently, Yara Philippines is looking for a talented Senior Accountant for its core organization.
A. Accounting and Reporting
1. Overseeing, coordinating and controlling the accounting records
2. Maintaining the general ledger, preparing trial balance and other financial reports.
3. Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end closing reports.
4. Provide variance and cost analysis report to monitor actual cost and expenses against budget/business plan and highlight improvement areas in terms of cost savings
5. Ensure accurate and timely preparation and review of schedules/reconciliation for all balance sheet and income statement accounts
6. Review and validate estimated inventory costs per lot sheet report for each vessel/shipment prepared by Operations team
7. Review and monitor actual inventory costs to support regular update of estimated inventory costs
8. Accounting for and valuation of inventory after the outturn report is received
9. Accomplishing the Hyperion (monthly and YE) forms as required by the Singapore office.
10. Assist external auditors in accomplishing the tax package at year end
11. Spearhead continuous improvement initiatives together with Financial Controller to promote quality and timely financial reporting
12. Creation of new reports and dashboards to highlight KPIs and other metrics to be monitored
B. Taxes and Statutory Reports
1. Monitoring and payment of real property tax on the office space.
2. Payment of business permit and other related taxes with the local government where warehouse owned and rented are located.
3. Filing of annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
4. Filing with the tax authorities of final income tax returns and other monthly/quarterly returns (e.g. final withholding taxes, withholding taxes on compensation)
C. IT in charge as superuser for SUN.
- BS Accountancy graduate from a reputable university
- CPA license a definite edge
- With at least 5 years working experience in general accounting, internal audit and/or management reporting preferably gained in a multi-national company
- Good working knowledge on Excel, SUN system and HFM reporting
- Sound knowledge in FS and ITR Preparation, and familiar with BIR and other LGUs reporting requirements
- Highly analytical, dynamic and with sound business acumen
- Strong leadership skills and planning ability