We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
To support our growth ambition, we are hiring a Sales Agronomist with strong crop nutrition knowledge.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Agronomist has responsibility for Yara’s sales activities related to a territory within specified crop segments. In partnership with the local retailer and their farm advisors, Yara’s Sales Agronomist will help create demand for Yara’s crop nutrition solutions which could include Yara’s calcium nitrate products in addition to Yara’s full line of foliar fertilizers, fertigation products and digital tools such as water sensors and mapping software. The Sales Agronomist will work in close cooperation with Yara's Crop Managers and sales and marketing teams to actively promote Yara’s crop nutrition solutions through demonstration trials, field days and farmer meetings as well as bring farmer insight into the development of new products and services.
To learn more about Yara, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufK5v2P2ArM
- Support Regional Managers on execution of annual sales plan
- Work with local retailers to promote Yara crop nutrition programs to famers
- Execute demo trials and data collection and organize field days in conjunction with retailers and their crop consultants
- Maintain and populate a CRM database to capture market knowledge and relevance of Yara crop solutions
- Work closely with Crop Managers, Marketing, Product Management and Digital teams to execute crop specific business strategies
- Provide information on foliar and micronutrient trends as far as crops, customers, digital and competitor activity
- Generate insights of farmer practices, content for digital promotion, engagement within farmers
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy or Ag related field. Master degree is an advantage. CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is preferred
- Hold working experience in similar roles and industries including experience with value added fertilizers
- Crop nutrition knowledge is essential with good agronomic knowledge of crops grown in the region (Lettuce and Leafy crop nutrition knowledge is a clear advantage)
- Hold market knowledge, with good network of growers and distributors
- Experience presenting to small or large audiences
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong business orientation, organization and planning skills
- Proficient in MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as digital tools, such as Twitter, and Facebook
- Must be an American Citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Travelling required
- Hold valid driver's license