We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal, by building tools to help farmers use our products more efficiently and by creating business models that make our products more accessible.
There are more than 500 million smallholder farms globally with at least 2 billion people depending on them for their livelihoods. In many of these segments, agricultural productivity is up to 10 times less than developed markets. The Smallholder Market Solutions team has the exciting challenge to develop digital solutions focused on increasing productivity through optimal crop nutrition and knowledge transfer.
The Coordinator role within Smallholder markets acts as a focal point of contact for Digital Farming administrative matters, supporting the team in day-to-day activities.
The Coordinator will provide administrative support to the team through effective and timely coordination and alignment of meetings, travel, and internal and external administrative matters. Specifically, the Coordinator will:
- Administer and update accordingly the Smallholder Markets calendar, including travels, team meetings, trainings with internal and external stakeholders, global events
- Organize team bonding activities and lead on or support in the organisation of events
- Maintaining internal and external communication plan, and coordinating required activities with relevant Yara units to ensure implementation
- Organise meetings and prepare meetings materials and follow ups as required
- Act as point of contact for the Finance, Legal, HR, and Ethics and Compliance Departments, supporting the teams in these areas as required
The successful applicant is a young, dynamic individual who is passionate about changing people’s lives through digital tools and is excited to work in a team with diverse backgrounds and skills. Specifically, the successful applicant has:
- University degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications, and 1-3 years of relevant professional experience in multinational organizations, including extensive experience in working with senior / top management
- Non-university degree possible in case of extensive (minimum 10 years) relevant professional experience in the areas of responsibilities in different multinational corporations, including working with senior / top management
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, both for self and others. Of particular importance is the ability to understand ways of working of senior management
- Sound judgement in applying expertise to resolve a range of issues/problems and the ability to proactively seek and recommend solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Ability to report concisely, accurately and promptly on meetings and matters of relevance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with managers and staff from different parts of the organization as well as with external counterparts.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing. Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is a must. Knowledge of other languages an asset.
The role is located in Singapore.
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.