We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Business Unit Asia sells and markets fertilizers across Asia Pacific region with office locations in 11 countries in Australia, China, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. We sell a broad range of quality products to all segments in agriculture with a sales volume of more than 2 million tons of fertilizer per year. Yara has a long history in the Asian market, and our focus is to develop the Yara Crop Nutrition concepts to increase food production, create value to the growers and minimize the environmental impact of agriculture.
This role will be based in Hokkaido, Japan and reports to Country Manager, Japan and Korea.
- Deliver commercial and financial targets within agreed Business Plans.
- Manage and ensure alignment of existing channel partners towards the Yara Crop Nutrition strategy.
- Engage with local dealers and retailers to participate in Yara Crop Nutrition programs.
- Organize demand creation activities with farmers to promote the Yara Crop Nutrition Programs incluidng demo plots, farmers meetings, and farmers field days.
- Implement sales and marketing programs including Retail Partnership Program (RPP), brand campaigns, product launches, conferences, market surveys, and data collection.
- Provide regular updates on market situation, including competitive landscape, commodity prices, crop and season.
- Build relationship with local partners, authorities, research organizations, universities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out field trials, collect and document data, and make reports as required
- Research relevant sectors to identify potential new crop segment and product opportunities.
- Support the Country Manager to develop a clear roadmap for Yara in Japan.
- Follow up on all trademarks registration and related issues in collaboration with central team.
- Promote Yara Safe by Choice, and Ethics & Compliance policies to our business partners.
- A Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Business, or Marketing preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in commercial or business development or project management with business exposure.
- International management experience is an advantage.
- Prior working experience in agriculture industry is an advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly a value proposition to a customer
- Ability to built your own network
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Accountable and able to meet deadlines.
- Pro-active, strong learning spirit and high level of creativity.
- Priority is given to candidates residing in the Hokkaido region
- Prepared to work from home office
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Have a car driving license