We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Project Office is a part of the Production Segment, located in different places with the main hub being in Brussels. The unit manages a portfolio of projects of various sizes and complexity for Yara’s plants or other units - either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and provides technical support to the plants.
For our Quality group we are looking for a QA Manager for one of our major projects which starts September 2018 until the completion of the project in January 2020.
The location will be Rome where the Contractor is and in Ravenna where the plant is located.
The scope of the project includes a new Ammonium Nitrate Granulation and Raw material Storage.
The key aspect of this position is to participate in :
Preparation and check of quality plans, inspection and test plans, etc.;
- Preparation and checking of the quality documents related to the project;
- Monitoring implementation by examination and audit activities;
- Quality inspections, evaluations, qualification of suppliers;
- Planning, performing and following up on internal and external audits / examinations mainly on technical disciplines;
- Analyzing the results of the audits, reviewing and developing improvement actions ( PDCA ACTION LISTS);
- Coordinating inspections and activities of external quality inspectors on the project.
- Education in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical;
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in project, engineering, maintenance and fabrication environment, preferably for process plants / equipment;
- Practical / hands-on approach;
- Excellent understanding of codes, norms, quality system standards and their application;
- Good technical sense and rigorous;
- Excellent computer skills in MS-office and SharePoint;
- Willingness to travel;
- Good communication/persuasions skills;
- Eagerness to learn from experience; Time schedule and action minded;
- Persevering and able to fully terminate punch lists;
- Fluency in English and Italian in both reading and writing.