We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
There are more than 500 million smallholder farms globally with at least 2 billion people depending on them for their livelihoods. In many of these segments, agricultural productivity is up to 10 times less than developed markets.
The smallholder focused solutions teams have the challenge to develop digital solutions with the focus on increasing productivity through optimal crop nutrition and knowledge transfer.
Digital Farming is a newly established global unit created in Yara Crop Nutrition with locations in Europe, Brazil, Singapore, and North America, building new digital business models and identifying new digital products, enhance customer interaction and achieve digitally enabled functional excellence, with the aspiration to shape Yara as the digital leader in crop nutrition.
We build solutions for farmers, construct hardware and sensors, crunch satellite data, apply artificial intelligence, and turn research results into solutions. Our teams is made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners.
- Work within our product teams to create engaging, user-centric solutions that solve the needs of the smallholder farmer around the world.
- Work together with field solutions team of UX professionals and Subject Matter Experts. The team is rapidly creating solution prototypes to validate ideas collated from different parts of Asia.
- As solutions get validated, the team will shift into the creation of MVPs and ultimately full-featured working solutions.
- Strong understanding of database and backend architectures.
- Comfortable working with our tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Docker
- Aligned with our principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency.
As a global organization, we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We, therefore, encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.
- Well funded, supported and staffed corporate innovation hub which offers a balance between startup culture and corporate support and benefits.
- Direct impact on products that provide real value to farmers.
- Work on sustainable solutions that benefit mankind and the environment,
- Unlimited working contract and competitive remuneration, benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing