We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara's Project Office (YPO) in Brussels consists of about 150 employees and manages Yara's world-wide large and medium size projects - mostly with the support of external engineering companies. YPO also delivers technical support to the plants.
We would like to strengthen our Procurement team by recruiting a Procurement & Contracting Manager.
Formation of project specific execution and procurement strategies, formation and negotiation of contracts (EPC, EPCM, major construction contracts and purchase orders);
- Managing all procurement activities of the EPCM Contractor engaged by Yara including long lead items, construction contracts, equipment and services,;
- Administration of contracts in close cooperation with the project team and main contractor(s)/supplier(s), to follow-up all contractual aspects (expediting, invoicing, invoice verification and goods receipt), administration and close out activities;
- Managing bid-evaluate-award cycles as part of YPO procurement activities, selecting qualitative suppliers and negotiating and concluding agreements;
- Understand the strategic details of the market and develop and implement contracting strategy initiatives for technical equipment and services;
- Secure strict adherence of contracting activities in line with Yara’s procedures and business code of conduct;
- Continuous strive for procurement process improvements. Act as change agent.
- Master of Science in a relevant technical field;
- The ideal candidate has an experience of minimum 5 years in contracting and purchasing of technical equipment and services, preferably in an international environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, results oriented, open-minded, analytical & combining conceptual insight with a hands-on approach;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software; knowledge of SAP and/or Ariba is an asset;
- Experience in lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma methodology is beneficial;
- Fluent in English and preferably in one other language (French, Spanish, Portuguese,…);
- Willingness to travel extensively.