We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara’s Strategy and Business Development team is functionally responsible for Yara’s corporate strategy work, M&A activities, early phase new-build projects, corporate development, corporate affairs, as well as central Market Intelligence. The team works on a range of topics, reports to the CEO, and works closely with the company’s higher management levels.
Yara has an ambitious growth and improvement agenda and we are currently looking for distinct professionals to strengthen our experienced Strategy and Business Development function. The persons will work closely with the Management team, the different Segments and the local Business Units.
The right candidates are high performing individuals with experience in strategy,business development and / or mergers and acquisitions (M&A)preferably from top tier management consulting, investment banking or similar roles in industrial companies. Team player with strong business judgment, drive and “can do attitude” is important for us. For the right candidate we offer a dynamic environment, senior management exposure, exciting responsibilities, and good career development opportunities.
- Lead and participate in specific Corporate and Segment strategy projects and processes.
- Lead corporate M&A projects and processes.
- Ensure a strong link between Yara’s Corporate strategy and Segment strategies, and recommendations for strategic decisions.
- Support and drive investment decision processes, e.g. new-build development projects.
- Support coordination of Business Intelligence for the most critical areas of Yara’s strategy and formulation of Yara’s strategic response.
- Prepare recommendation materials and presentations towards Yara management and Board of Directors.
- Higher university degree (Master level or equivalent).
- Experience (minimum 4 years) in relevant roles (e.g. management consulting, project management, M&A, corporate finance).
- Experience from large-scale corporate M&A, improvement and change projects.
- Excellent academic and professional performance.
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to think holistically to “see the big picture.”
- Ability to work independently and in teams – and connecting with all levels of the organization.
- Clear leadership attitude, strong business judgment, strategic mindset, drive and “can do attitude”.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to challenge established practices and processes when required.
- Positive to work and travel in an international and high paced environment.
Yara’s global business requires cultural awareness and understanding. The company supports diversity in gender, cultural and ethnic background. These positions give possibilities for challenging tasks and international development opportunities. If you would like to work in a global business environment we look forward to receiving your application.
The positions will be based at Yara HQ in Oslo and report to the Head of Strategy or the Head of M&A.