We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Belle Plaine is a world class producer of nitrogen fertilizer and is a member of Yara International ASA. Yara International is a global fertilizer company, with operations in over 50 countries around the world. Yara's dynamic global presence and unique business model allows the company to be an industry shaper. Belle Plaine is located in Saskatchewan, Canada 50 km west of Regina on highway #1.
- Maximizes the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the production unit. He/She must determine maintenance needs, prepare the equipment for maintenance, and provide a hazard free environment while maintaining unit operations and ensuring the least impact on production. He/She will follow procedures to control the process within specified parameters to ensure a high quality product.
- The incumbent maintains contact with all support staff and maintenance personnel within the unit. He/She interacts with all levels within Yara and the community to ensure open communications and a unified team effort.
- Ensures the operating teams skill levels are maintained or increased by acting as a trainer, identifying areas of weakness, helping to maintain up to date operating procedures, and safe work ethics.
- Is an emergency responder with the skills to address site or unit emergencies and loss control situations. Ex. Fire crew, Emergency Response Team, etc.
- The incumbent maintains accurate log books summarizing shift routine, field readings, maintenance activities, and unusual occurrences to provide shift to shift continuity.
- 3rd class steam engineering ticket
- Experience in the oil and gas or fertilizer industry is an asset
- Ability to work shift including weekend and stat holidays
- Emergency Response training and safety experience preferred
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality
- Must be able to communicate clearly via radios
- Ability to wear respirators